This Young Professionals opportunity exists to:
- Provide professional exposure and opportunities to develop skills and knowledge of young Pacific islanders;
- Strengthen capacity building in young professionals in the island member countries and territories;
- Provide technical, administrative and coordination support to SPREP to carry out its duties and functions as Secretariat of PIRT;
- Support a youth network across the region that mobilises Pacific youth engagement in biodiversity decision making at the regional and global level;
- Promote SPREP and PIRT’s work and regional environmental issues and priorities.