As the regional intergovernmental environment organisation, the role of SPREP is to facilitate and implement activities with Members and partners to achieve sub-national, national, and regional outcomes.
SPREP’s overall assistance to Members will be delivered through agreed regional environment goals and objectives that respond to Members’ environmental priorities and sustainable development goals. The key to enabling this work will be a focus on:
1. integration of gender and human rights;
2. integration of traditional knowledge with technical capacity;
3. technical knowledge and communication;
4. environmental advocacy to increase the awareness and understanding of environmental management priorities;
5. institutional capacity building; and
6. leadership at all levels committed to action.