The Secretariat would like to advice you of the updated schedule of training programs for the Pacific Climate Change Centre (PCCC) in 2022. The training programs will be implemented under the PCCC Project for Capacity Building on Climate Resilience in the Pacific” (CBCRP-PCCC) in partnership with the Government of Samoa and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
Cir#21/130: Information note on the Pacific Climate Change Centre schedule of training programs for 2022, implemented under the Project for Capacity Building on Climate Resilience in the Pacific.
- Circular: 21/130165.26 KB
- Information Note91.23 KB
Cir#21/129: Final Report – 30th SPREP Meeting of Officials.
The Secretariat is pleased to attach the Final report of the 30th SPREP Meeting of Officials. The French version of this report will be shared as soon as available.
- Circular: 21/129155.18 KB
- Final Report 485.1 KB
- Circulaire: 21/129128.58 KB
- Rapport final495.64 KB
Cir#21/128: Pacific Region Agreement on Prevention of Pollution by Marine Litter and Microplastics.
The Secretariat is please to advise that the University of Wollongong, Australia, has been engaged to facilitate the development of a draft non-negotiated framework for the Pacific Region on marine litter and plastic pollution.
- Circular: 21/128179.6 KB
Cir#21/125: Expression of Interest - Potential used oil refinery and processing systems for Pacific Islands.
We are pleased to inform you that the SWAP (Committing to Sustainable Waste Actions in the Pacific) project is releasing an Expression of Interest to assist Pacific islands countries and territories in managing used oil problems generated in the region. This EOI aims to establish a register of companies that may have technology available to assist PICs to set up a System of Processing/Recovery of used oils adapted to each local specificity.
- Circular: 21/125198.94 KB
- Expression of Interest193.81 KB
- Appendix 1 - Registration Form837.67 KB
- Circulaire: 21/125205.08 KB
- Appel á Manifestation d'Intérét237.51 KB
- Annexe 1_De l'Appel_á_Manifestation_d'Intérét842.4 KB
Cir#21/126: Webinar: “Understanding Current & Future Climate Change: Science-based Application for Pacific Resilience”.
Pacific islanders are leading the charge on climate change and are taking bold actions to build resilience of its communities and fostering economic growth. As vulnerable nations to climate change and natural hazards, like tropical cyclones, droughts and floods the demand for reliable, accessible, and tailored scientific information for decision making is paramount.
- Circular: 21/126181.26 KB
- SPREP-CSIRO Webinar Concept Note and Agenda63.27 KB
Cir#21/124: Working Papers for the 30SM Special Meeting (virtual) on 15 October 2021.
Further to Circular 21/117 of 27 September 2021, please find attached the following working papers for the Special SPREP meeting:
- WP 2 – Adoption of Agenda and Suggested hours of work.
- WP 2/Att.1 – Provisional Agenda.
- WP 2/Att.2 – Suggested hours of work.
- WP 3.1 – SPREP 3rd Independent Corporate Review and Mid-Term Review of the SPREP Strategic Plan 2017-2026 Report.
- WP 3.1/Att.1 – Final Report of the Third Independent Corporate Review of SPREP and Mid-Term Review of the Strategic Plan 2017 – 2026. (Refer Circular#21/108)
- WP 3.2 – Review of Staff Remuneration Terms and Conditions will be circulated as soon as available.
Cir#21/123: Invitation to the High-Level Launch Event: Amplifying our Pacific Voice at UNFCCC COP26 through Political Climate Champions
Hosted Virtually from the Pacific Climate Change Centre, SPREP. Tuesday 5 October 2021. 11:00-12:00 Samoa Local Time.
The Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP), in partnership with the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (PIFS) and the One CROP Plus team, have the honour to invite you to the Official Launch Event of the UNFCCC COP26 Political Climate Champions initiative on Tuesday 5th of October 2021. The event will be held at 11:00 am and ends at 12noon Samoa Local Time.
- Circular: 21/123225.17 KB
- Agenda199.04 KB
Cir#21/122: Action on 30th SPREP Meeting Paper 8.4.1
Following the decision by the 2021 SPREP Meeting on SPREP paper 8.4.1, the Secretariat would like to inform you that the Environment Monitoring and Governance Programme through the Inform Project is developing a full project proposal for the scaling up of the Inform Project and has outlined the key components of Inform Plus.
- Circular: 21/122164.47 KB
Cir#21/121: Completion of the Sixteenth Meeting of the Parties to the Noumea Convention on 2 September 2021.
We take this opportunity to convey our sincere gratitude and appreciation to the Parties of the Noumea Convention for your invaluable contributions and interventions during the Sixteenth Meeting of the Parties held on 2 September 2021. Despite the challenges associated with virtual platforms and connections, we were encouraged by the Parties’ clarity of views and guidance.
- Circular: 21/121170.51 KB
Cir#21/120: Webinar training: “How to get the best out of the Pacific Network for Environmental Assessment (PNEA)”, facilitated by "Environmental Monitoring and Governance”.
The Secretariat, as part of its commitment to strengthening national sustainable development planning through use of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA), and spatial planning, will be hosting a virtual training webinar on how to get the best out of the Pacific Network for Environmental Assessment (PNEA) portal on 08th October 2021, from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm (Samoa time)
- Circular: 21/120181.48 KB
Cir#21/119: Development of Regional Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Indicators.
As part of the Secretariats commitment to environmental monitoring (SPREP Strategic Plan 2017-2026), the development of environmental datasets and indicators is one of the exciting priorities for the organization in the next five (5) years. Collection of environmental data is often costly, and the Secretariat is seeking to increase support for Pacific Island countries by finding synergistic ways to capitalising on collection events and streamline environmental reporting. One such opportunity comes from tracking the performance and improvement in environmental impact assessment (EIA) application and enforcement in the region, along with to storing of the data from EIAs in government databases.
- Circular: 21/119171.37 KB
Cir#21/117: Special SPREP Meeting – 15 October 2021 @12.00 – 5.00pm Samoa local time
At the conclusion of the 30th SPREP Meeting in September, Members proposed and endorsed a Special SPREP Meeting to discuss 2 agenda items below:
- Agenda Item 6.1: SPREP 3rd Independent Corporate Review and Mid-Term Review of the SPREP Strategic Plan 2017 – 2026: Initial findings; and
- Agenda Item 6.4: Review of Staff Remuneration: Terms and Conditions
SPREP is pleased to invite Members to attend this Special Meeting to be convened virtually on 15 October 2021 from 12.00pm – 5.00pm Samoa local time. Please find attached Provisional Agenda for your information and feedback
- Circular 21/117152.77 KB
- Provisional Agenda177.19 KB
- Circulaire 21/117157.16 KB
- Ordre du jour provisoire169.46 KB
Cir#21/115: Job Opportunities.
Applications are invited for the following positions within the Secretariat.
- Project Manager - Pacific Ocean Litter Project (POLP) – Re-advertisement.(Previous applicants do not need to re-apply as all applications received will be considered)
- Project Manager, ISLANDS Pacific Child Project (PMIPCP)
The closing date for applications is Friday 15th October 2021.
- Circular: 21/115168.08 KB
- Circulaire:21/115177.41 KB
Cir#21/116: Implementation of the Coral Reef Action Plan – Phase One Consultations.
The Pacific Coral Reef Action Plan was endorsed by the 30th SPREP meeting on Wednesday 8 September, 2021. The Plan, which was compiled in consultation with Members and scientific and NGO partners, identifies eight priority action areas where regional cooperation can assist Member Countries and Territories to progress management of coral reefs which face multiple pressures.
- Circular: 21/116163.51 KB
- Circulaire:21/116165.4 KB
Cir#21/114: Introducing New Staff
SPREP is pleased to announce the following appointments within the Secretariat.
- Circular 21: 114312.46 KB
- Circulaire:21/114326.81 KB
Cir#21/113: Pacific Regional Declaration on the Prevention of Marine Litter and Plastic Pollution and its Impacts.
The Secretariat is pleased to provide you with the Pacific Regional Declaration on the Prevention of Marine Litter and Plastic Pollution and its Impacts that was presented at the Environment Ministers’ High-Level Talanoa on the 10th of September which is now available for voluntary endorsement until the 25 November 2021.
- Circular: 21/113151.39 KB
- SPREP Ministers'High-Level Talanoa 2021 Declaration on Plastics212.46 KB
- Circulaire: 21/113131.34 KB
- Projet de Declaration168.7 KB
Cir#21/108: Final Report of the Third Independent Corporate Review of SPREP and Mid-Term Review of the SPREP Strategic Plan 2017-2026.
Please find attached the Final Report of the Third Independent Corporate Review of
SPREP and Mid-Term Review of the SPREP Strategic Plan 2017-2026 from the
Independent Review Team of Natural Solutions Pacific.
- Circular: 21/108142.53 KB
- Final Report2.86 MB
- SPREP Comments Register374.68 KB
- Annexes_ICR and SPR Report_Vol 224.26 MB
- Circulaire:21/108146.25 KB
- Rapport final2.38 MB
- Réponses de l’équipe chargée de l’évaluation aux commentaires transmis par le Secrétariat383.49 KB
Cir#21/112: Feedback and Comments on the Draft Report of the 16 Noumea Convention, 2 September 2021
We are pleased to attach the following documents of the meeting:
• Draft Records for your review and comments/feedback; and
• Endorsed Summary report for your information and records;
- Circular: 21/11273.83 KB
- Draft Report of the 16 Noumea Convention149.55 KB
- Summary Report of the 16 Noumea Convention173.31 KB
- Circulaire: 21/112119.56 KB
- Projet de compte rendu191.96 KB
- Rapport de sunthése approuvé193.09 KB
Cir#21/111: Feedback and Comments on the Draft Report of the 30th SPREP Meeting and the High Level Talanoa, 7 – 10 September 2021.
The 30th SPREP Meeting of Officials and Associated Meetings have just concluded, and the Secretariat would like to thank you for your active participation and engagement in the meeting.
- Circular: 21/111174.64 KB
- Draft Record - 30SM461.65 KB
- Endorsed Summary Report266.14 KB
- Endorsed High-Level Talanoa-Chair Summary262.58 KB
- Circulaire 21/111101.18 KB
- Projet de compte rendu273.54 KB
- Rapport de synthése adopté461.53 KB
- Synthése validée de la Présidence du Talanoa de haut niveau137.51 KB
Cir#21/109: UNFCCC Conference of the Parties (COP26) Pacific Preparatory Meeting 5 – 8 October 2021
The Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP) in partnership with Climate Analytics, through the support of the IMPACT project, and One CROP will be convening the COP26 Pacific Preparatory Meeting from 5 - 8 of October 2021 virtually at the Pacific Climate Change Centre at SPREP in Apia, Samoa.
- Circular: 21/109145.55 KB
Cir#21/107: Regional Workshop on the Ratification and Effective Implementation of Conventions Relating to Oil Spill Response, Liability, and Compensation for the Pacific Island Region
The International Maritime Organization (IMO), the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP) and the Pacific Community (SPC) are pleased to announce that the Regional workshop on the Ratification and effective implementation of Conventions relating to oil spill response, liability, and compensation (OPRC) for the Pacific island Region, will be hosted virtually by SPREP on 19, 20, 26 & 27 October 2021; and 15, 16, 22 & 25 February 2022.
- Circular: 21/107195.42 KB
- Aide Memoire551.78 KB
Cir#21/106: Environmental Indicator Guidebook Launch.
SPREP is pleased to announce the launch of the Environmental Indicator Guidebook for Pacific Island countries. The launch is part of the Inform Project for the 14 Pacific Island countries.
- Circular: 21/106168.7 KB
Cir#21-104: 30 SPREP Meeting of Officials - Feedback Assessment Questionnaire
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond to the open-ended questions. Please provide feedback by COB next Friday, 17th September 2021.
- Circular: 21/104133.52 KB
Cir#21/103: Third Clean Pacific Round Table (CPRT) 2021 – Confirmation of Postponed Dates
The CPRT was initially scheduled for the 5 – 14 October 2021. However due to conflicts with other Partner organized events. The CPRT is now postponed.
The NEW Confirmed Dates for the 3rd CPRT 2021 are 16 – 25 November 2021.
- Circular: 21/103173.64 KB
- Circulaire: 21/103172.98 KB
Cir#21/102: Draft Pacific Regional Declaration on the Prevention of Marine Litter and Plastic Pollution and its Impacts
The revised Draft Pacific Declaration will be tabled for voluntary endorsement at the Environment Ministers’ High-Level Talanoa on the 10th of September ahead of the 5th session of the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA 5.2) in February 2022.
- Circular: 21/102197.44 KB
- Draft Pacific Declaration on Plastic916.8 KB
Cir#21/101: Vacancy: Project Manager - Intra-ACP Climate Services and related Applications (CLIMSA) Project
Applications are invited for the following position that is being advertised within SPREP Apia, Samoa:
1. Project Manager - Intra-ACP Climate Services and related Applications (CLIMSA) Project
The closing date for applications is Thursday, 30 September 2021.
- Circular: 21/101170.88 KB
- Circulaire:21/101169.26 KB
Cir#21/100: Invitation to the PSIDS COP26 ‘Profile Series’ of workshops on thematic priorities.
The Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP), in partnership with Climate Analytics and the One CROP+ team, is pleased to announce the PSIDS COP26 ‘Profile Series’ of workshops as a platform to further enhance PSIDS members’ knowledge and understanding for navigating the intricacies and nuances of negotiating.
- Circular: 21/100185.5 KB
Cir#21/99: Update: Working Papers for the 30th SPREP Meeting of Officials
Further to Circular 21/76 of 23 July 2021, please be advised that all Working Papers for the upcoming 30SM of Officials are now available on the SPREP website via: https://www.sprep.org/30th-sprep-meeting-2021. These are available in both English and French for viewing and downloading.
- Circular 21/99115.49 KB
Cir#21/97: REMINDER: Arrangements for the 30SM and associated meetings.
As the Meeting is getting closer, kindly please be reminded of below arrangements for the 30SM and associated meetings.
To ensure a smooth virtual meeting, the Secretariat is organising another virtual test run of the meeting platform for all registered participants on the 31st August between 12.00pm and 2.00pm Samoa local time. This will be conducted by SPREP IT team and OnCall Company. The link for the virtual test will only be sent to the registered participants only closer to the dates indicated. In this case the link has been sent already to all registered participants by email on 26 August 2021.
- Circular 21/9768.1 KB
- Nomination Form83.12 KB
- Circulaire 21/97117.95 KB
Cir#21/96: Draft Communique for Environment Ministers' High-Level Talanoa
Please find attached for your perusal the first draft of the Communique for the Environment Ministers’ High-Level Talanoa to be held on 10 September 2021.
We would appreciate your comments by Friday 3 September 2021. Please address these to Mr. Clark Peteru, Legal Counsel email: [email protected]
- Circular: 21/96152.51 KB
- Draft Communique342.66 KB
- Circulaire 21/96155.26 KB
- Communiqué460.29 KB