The Inform project is reaching the end of its 4-year life-cycle and it has implemented most of the actions planed while the active participation of its member countries is providing the necessary feedback to clearly contemplate the need for a phase 2 based on the following 5 elements:
- Environmental standards - the definition, language and thresholds – need for a tiered set for varying capacity levels and ability in countries.
- Data management and analysis – The maintenance and enhancement of the Pacific Environment Portal (PEP) network.
- Environmental monitoring and field data collection for key indicators including environmental standards.
- Enhancing GIS capacity for field sampling and planning including Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) to evaluate the likely environmental impacts of a proposed project or development.
- Capacity building to convert data to Information and advocacy to empower different actors communicate facts and request change.
The Inform Plus project has been designed to establish a virtuous cycle of the informed decision-making process.